Thursday 17 April 2008

Study Leave - Part 2

Yesterday was Rosie's birthday and it was great to be off and able to chill out a bit. We opened presents in the morning and went out for tea with the kids after school.

In between, I got caught up in a worthwhile but lengthy visit about replacing some of our church windows, so it was a less studious beginning to the fortnight than it might have been!

This morning I've been going further through Keith Ward's "What the Bible Really Teaches".

This is what it feels like:




















A whirlwind of ideas and texts swirling around in my mind at breakneck speed; yet the whole thing moving forward slowly and methodically.

Much disorientation, but every now and again I glimpse something beautiful and shining on the margins of the storm. And I want to grab those things and hold onto them because I know that they're important. Vital, even.

No comments: