Thursday 22 May 2008

The Sands of Time....

... have trickled by for a long time since my last post. Study leave seems a long way away and I've been completely immersed in getting ready for a Public Inquiry relating to a local sand and gravel quarry. Apart from the fact that this area already has far too many "bad neighbour developments", these particular developers want to put a 15ft bund around two sides of the house belonging to an elderly couple in my congregation. It'll be like living in a WW2 trench. They are money grabbing swine and they have to be stopped.

I've read through a mountain of paperwork relating to all this and have to get my submissions in by the weekend. The inquiry's in June. Talk about a steep learning curve....

Anyway - have had little time to post, but wanted to include the following as it ties in with my study leave reading and made me smile. It's a quote from Terry Pratchett's "Good Omens".

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time”.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a long time since I've read good Omens, probably time I sought it out again.

Best of luck fighting The man, man :) x